The origins of PredictHQ
Tracking demand anomalies is complex but critical for accurate demand forecasting. We learned this firsthand.
PredictHQ cofounder Campbell Brown was working with Mike Ballantyne to try better understand how to predict the surges of demand that frequently surprised their global travel startup. Seeing them coming would enable their team to hone business critical forecasts and strategies. After identifying many of the demand anomalies, were caused by events Campbell knew there had to be a way of harnessing this. But reliably identifying these in advance was trickier than he first anticipated.
After many conversations between Mike and Campbell, they convinced Robert Kern to join. Immediately they set about solving the problem with, hacked-together solutions: manually adding dates into a spreadsheet, subscribing to public event APIs, building a few scrapers. But all that produced was noise. It needed to be verified, intelligent and scalable.
They managed to create their first MVP which immediately unlocked $1.2M in value for their travel startup. They quickly realised how they weren’t seeking just event data. They were seeking demand intelligence which many businesses could benefit from across the globe and PredictHQ was born.
Forged In the Land of the Long White Cloud
We’re a New Zealand-founded company with customers all over the world and we’re really proud of that. Our team in Auckland and San Francisco are part of a unique culture — one that combines Kiwi empathy and community with American ambition and drive.
What Unites Us
- Customer CentricityOur customers are our partners. We learn from them constantly so we can deliver huge value and keep innovating.
- Understanding WhyWe know why we take each step, reflect and act, and solve problems rather than symptoms.
- Family & Friends FirstLife is for living — we work hard but don’t neglect our family, friends or health.
- Get Our Hands DirtyIf something needs to be done, we roll up our sleeves.
- TransparencyWe thrive when we communicate transparently, collaborate fully and look after each other.
Meet our team
Our team comes from more than 20 countries and brings experience from NASA, Salesforce, Baidu, Workday and more.